Whether you’ve been up all night with a restless child or working late, lack of sleep can take its toll on your skin. Red eyes, dull or dehydrated skin are some of the signs that can show on your face. By Grace Mantjiu
Here are a few time-saving face treatments you can do at home.
If you have 5 minutes, remove signs of fatigue:
- Double cleanse – start with an oil cleanser and follow up with a normal face wash. This removes all the dirt or make-up grime, and gives you a fresh face.
- Boost your skin with antioxidants and a one-minute mask. We love the REN Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial. It contains vitamin C, which helps draw out toxins. Apply it on your face using circular motions, then dip your fingers in water and massage into the skin to activate the vitamin C. Leave on for one minute before rinsing off.
REN Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial, R660
- Finish off with a day cream that has a sun protection factor (SPF). This protects your skin against sun damage. NIVEA Perfect & Radiant Light Moisturiser SPF 15, is a good choice for this. It also contains vitamin E to even out your skin tone and gives you a radiant complexion.
NIVEA Perfect & Radiant Light Moisturiser SPF 15, R119.99
If you have 15 minutes, boost your glow with these easy steps:
- Dull skin is caused by dead cells, and can be fixed by peeling and priming. So, use an enzyme peel to smoothen the dead cells away. A luxurious exfoliator, such as SIX Brightening Enzyme Peel, leaves your skin bright and smooth. Leave it on for seven minutes before rinsing off.
SIX Brightening Enzyme Peel, R331
- After this, prime and blur out any imperfections.
- At the end, skip foundation and opt for a CC cream, instead. It helps colour-correct any blemishes while minimising pores.
Beauty Editor’s tip: Mix your CC cream with a liquid illuminator for a natural subtle glow.
If you have 30 minutes to spare, plump up tired eyes with these steps:
- When you need more than cucumber slices to revive your eyes, then turn to an eye mask. 3INA The Eye Mask is infused with gold extracts and moisturising properties that deliver freshness and brightness to the delicate area under the eyes. Place the pads and leave on for 15 minutes, then remove and lightly rub the remaining product into your skin.
3INA The Eye Mask, R89.95
- Finish off with a concealer to cover dark circles (Maybelline Fit Me Concealer) and you are good to go.
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, R110.92