Here are 4 skincare trends to help you achieve your skin goals:
1. Moringa. People have been reaping the skincare benefits of moringa for ages. Although it is not a new ingredient, new products are starting to include this superfood in their formulas. The nutrient-rich plant contains vitamin A to promote the growth and renewal of skin cells, and fatty acids to strengthen the barrier. LANCOME Skin Feels Good is enriched with ingredients such as moringa tree extracts to actively improve and protect your skin.
LANCOME Skin Feels Good – R495
2. Beauty pills. Vitamins designed for skin, hair and nails are slowly gaining popularity. The best way to have healthier, young-looking skin is to nourish it from the inside. Some of the benefits of popping these supplements include enhancing skin clarity, improving the tone and purifying it. Dermagen is a revolutionary concept in skincare, with a formula that contains glutathione, collagen and coenzyme Q10. It is especially designed to stimulate the body’s circulatory system while nourishing and revitalising your skin.
Dermagen – R448
3. Pollution protection. Pollution has significant impact on the skin, leading to issues such as premature ageing and pigmentation. The number of products on the market designed to offer protection from environmental damage is increasing at a fast pace. In fact, pollution protection is more likely to be as essential as sun protection. Kiehl’s Cilantro & Orange Extract Pollutant Defending Masque defends and replenishes your skin to reduce the visible effects of pollution. It also helps to prevent impurities from adhering to the skin.
Kiehl’s Cilantro & Orange Extract Pollutant Defending Masque – R700
4. Kiwi. Year in year out, we see an endless stream of natural ingredients in products. Next in line is kiwi. It has high vitamin C content, which can lead to reduced pigmentation and brighter skin. L’ORÉAL Paris Pure-sugar Purify & Unclog Kiwi Scrub effectively removes dirt and impurities while gently polishing dull skin. This makes it feel softer with less visible pores.
L’ORÉAL Paris Pure-sugar Purify & Unclog Kiwi Scrub – R151.95
5. Body skincare. Complexion matters from head to toe, but most of us are guilty of forgetting that skincare doesn’t only stop around the neck area. Your body care is now getting a facelift; you get the similar ingredients as those in face care products. Body washes or lotions can contain powerful elements such as hyaluronic acid, ceramides and vitamin C. Eucerin Urea Repair PLUS Lotion 5% Urea protects your skin from external irritants while helping to maintain peak level of hydration.
Eucerin Urea Repair PLUS Lotion 5% Urea – R171.99