Do you want radiant and healthy skin? Find out how you can combine 3 miracle skincare products with what you already have at home. By Grace Mantjiu Pictures Supplied
Skincare trends change from time to time; new ingredients come by while old ones are revived to give better results. For example, you can use what you have in your home by combining it with other products to get glowing skin; think apple cider vinegar and honey. Here are the three skincare gems everyone is talking about:
1. Bentonite mask. Bentonite is an important ingredient to look for when choosing a clay mask. It helps to draw out water and oil from your skin, which results in pores appearing smaller.
- Clears up skin concerns such as acne
- Amazing exfoliating properties
- Removes toxins from your pores
Tip: Pour a quarter cup of bentonite in your bath, and soak yourself for 20–30 minutes. You can also use it on your face.
SEE ALSO: DIY charcoal mask
2. Rose water. This liquid is made from rose petals and water. It contains anti-inflammatory properties, and is rich in antioxidants.
- Maintains the pH balance of your skin
- Tones and hydrates your skin
- Soothes skin conditions such as eczema
- Soothes sunburn
Tip: Mix it with apple cider vinegar and use as a toner. This makes an excellent DIY toner for people with oily skin.
3. Apple cider vinegar. This vinegar is made from fermented apple juice. It is the best all-in-one beauty product for anyone on a tight budget. You might smell like a salad dressing while using it, but your skin will thank you afterwards.
- Shaving bump remedy
- Foot deodoriser
- Helps to lessen dandruff
- Teeth whitener
- Skin soother
Tip: Mix apple cider vinegar and warm water to clean your make-up brushes. Squeeze some lemon juice for a fresh scent.