With flu season and the coronavirus pandemic growing in numbers, it has become especially important to strengthen your immune system. Our food editor Ntwenhle Gcabashe shares a spicy orange drink recipe that not only tastes good but will also improve your chances of avoiding the common cold or the flu.
Spicy orange drink
- 2 large orange, squeezed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 thumb-size ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) honey
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- Orange slice, for serving
SEE ALSO: DIY energy boosting tonic
1. In a saucepan, heat the orange juice, cinnamon stick, ginger, garlic, honey and water.
2. Boil for 15-20 minutes.
3. Pour into cups and serve with an orange slice.