This delightful blueberry bread and butter pudding is a new take on a classic dessert by Ntwenhle Gcabashe. Pictures: Dylan Swart
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 2 large croissants, halved
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- 2 cups (500ml) cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon (5ml) vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons castor sugar
- Icing, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Spread croissants with butter and jam. Arrange nicely in an oven dish, and top with scattered blueberries.
- Whisk cream, eggs, vanilla essence and sugar in a jug. Pour over croissants. Bake for 35–40 minutes or until set.
- Dust with icing and serve warm.
You might also like this berry and gin crumble