Enjoy this sweet and tangy berry and gin crumble by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla essence
- ½ cup (125ml) apple juice
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Dry gin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Fresh strawberries, for serving
- Fresh blue berries, for serving
- 1 packet ginger biscuits, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cake flour
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- In a saucepan, combine mixed berries, sugar, essence, juice, gin and cinnamon. Cook until berries are soft, and pour into a baking dish.
- For topping, mix all ingredients to make breadcrumbs. Top berry mixture with breadcrumbs and bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with berries.