Making better food choices doesn’t have to mean only eating lettuce leaves. Ntwenhle Gcabashe shows you how to prepare a veggie and brown rice bake that is delicious and good for you.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- Handful fresh basil, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Red micro leaves, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry garlic until soft.
- Add peas, asparagus, spinach and cream cheese. Cook until soft. Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- Add eggs, basil and parmesan cheese. Mix well and spoon into a lightly greased baking tin. Bake for 45–50 minutes or until set.
- Let it cool, and serve with micro leaves.