Update your fishcakes recipe with these scrumptious tuna and sweet potato cakes by Ntwenhle Gcabashe. Picture: Dylan Swart
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8–10 minutes
- 2 canned tuna in oil, drained
- 1 sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) lemon juice
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- Watercress, for serving
- Creamy sauce, for serving
- Lemon slices, for serving
- Mix tuna, sweet potato, mustard, zest, lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form small patties. Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Fry patties until golden. Serve with watercress, creamy sauce and lemon slices.
Discover more delicious light meals