Lentils are a delicious and affordable source of protein. They are also versatile. Enjoy them in this easy to make spicy lentils dish by Ntwehle Gcabashe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 4 cups, cooked lentils, drained
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 sachet Knorr Rice Mate Breyani
- 3 cups (750ml) vegetable stock
- Handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Heat oil. Fry onion, garlic and ginger until soft.
- Add tomato puree and cauliflower.
- Add the Knorr Rice Mate Breyani rice and spice sachet (comes in the box). Cook over low heat, and stir until cauliflower is coated with spices.
- Add vegetable stock. Cover with lid and cook until rice is done.
- Add lentil and coriander. Cook for another 10–15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.