Love sushi, but not a fan of carbs? Try this delicious homemade carb-free sushi recipe that’s easy to make. By Ntwenhle Gcabashe Pictures Dylan Swart
CAULIFLOWER AND BROCCOLI SUSHI
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup cauliflower, steamed
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed
- 4 seaweed wrappers
- 4 tablespoons smooth cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon wasabi
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- Soy sauce, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Black sesame seeds, for serving
- Place the seaweed on a bamboo mat. Cover the sheets with cauliflower and broccoli.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise and wasabi. Spoon onto wrappers.
- Layer carrots and peppers strips, and roll it up tightly.
- Slice with a sharp knife, and enjoy with soy sauce, lime wedges and black sesame seeds.
Add tuna, salmon or prawns if you’re craving some seafood.