If you want to impress your guests at your next dinner party, try this salmon wellington recipe. By Ntwenhle Gcabashe Pictures Dylan Swart
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1½ kg salmon fish
- 2 x roll puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) oil
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 handful fresh baby spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups cream cheese
- ½ cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Lime slices, for serving
- Grilled tomatoes, for serving
- Micro leaves, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil and fry onion, garlic, mushrooms, pepper and spinach until soft. Transfer into a large bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in cream cheese and chives.
- Roll out the pastry and place into a baking tray. Spoon and spread mushroom mixture
- Place fish on top. Cover with another roll of pastry. Enclose in a neat parcel and cut excess pastry with a knife. Seal the edges with a fork.
- Brush with egg, and bake for 30–45 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Serve with lime slices, grilled tomatoes and micro leaves.