You don’t have to eat out to enjoy delicious comforting gnocchi. Ntwenhle Gcabashe shows you how to whip it up at home. Picture Dylan Swart
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
- 1kg potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted
- Handful fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Water, for boiling
- Basil pesto, for serving
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Fresh micro leaves, for serving
- Mix potatoes, flour, thyme and egg in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer onto a lightly floured surface and knead until soft.
3. Roll out dough to form a thin sausage
4. Cut into small pieces with a knife.
5. Boil water and add dough pieces. Boil for 2 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Serve with pesto, cheese and micro leaves.