Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3½ hours
Serves: 4 – 6
- 1kg tripe, cleaned and cubed
- 30ml cooking oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) mild curry powder
- ½ teaspoon (3ml) turmeric powder
- 410g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500g baby potatoes, halved
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1½ cups (375ml) hot beef stock
- 1 green pepper, cubed
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) beef and onion soup powder
- handful parsley, chopped
- 500g FATTI’S & MONI’S Curved Pasta Shells
- Place the tripe into a large pot and cover with water. Add a little salt, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 3 hours or until tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in another saucepan over medium high and sauté the onions and garlic for 5 minutes until soft. Add the curry and turmeric and fry for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the tripe, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots and stock, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Add the pepper and soup powder and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, stirring, until thickened. Season. Mix the parsley through.
- Meanwhile, cook the FATTI’S & MONI’S Curved Pasta Shells according to packet instructions. Drain. Serve with the tripe.