Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour Serves: 4
- 250g (½ packet) FATTI’S & MONI’S GNOCCHI PASTA FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 lemon
- 100g soft butter + extra
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, finely chopped + extra
- Salt and pepper
- 1.5kg whole chicken
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
For the Pasta
- 500g mixed roast vegetables
- Olive oil, to sprinkle
- 1/3 cup (80ml) basil pesto
- For the chicken, preheat oven to 200°C. Finely grate the lemon’s skin into zest, then cut the lemon in half (to stuff the chicken). Combine the lemon zest, 50g of the butter and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carefully loosen the chickens’ skin with your fingers, starting from the neck and push the butter mixture under the skin. Place the lemon halves and thyme inside the chickens’ cavity and secure the legs with kitchen string.
- Rub the chicken with the remaining half of the butter and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in a roasting pan and add in the stock. Roast for about 1 hour or until cooked through, drizzling the pan drippings over once or twice.
- Meanwhile for the pasta, place the roast vegetables on a roasting tray, drizzle with oil and season to taste. Roast with the chicken for about 25 minutes until tender.
- Cook the FATTI’S & MONI’S Gnocchi Pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and mix the pesto through with the roast vegetables. Serve with the chicken.