Make the perfect side with this scrumptious butternut and feta salad by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 2 medium butternuts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) oil
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh coriander, for serving
- Fresh lemon halves, for serving
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) lemon juice
- Handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Mix butternut, oil, butter, cumin, cinnamon, honey, rosemary and garlic in a large roasting tin. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 40–45 minutes or until cooked through.
- For the dressing, mix all ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over butternut and serve with coriander and lemon.
SEE ALSO: Warm chicken salad