Enjoy a hearty soup full of goodness and flavour with this beef and bambara groundnut soup by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 3 cups beef bones, roughly chopped
- 2 cups beef, boneless and cubed
- 1 cup Bambara groundnut
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 cup butternut, chopped
- 1 sachet Knorr Naturally Tasty Beef Tagine
- 3 cups (750ml) beef stock
- Toasted almond nuts, for serving
- Dried apricots, for serving
- Fresh coriander, for serving
- Heat oil. Fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add bones, beef and groundnut. Cook until browned.
- Add paste, chopped tomatoes, carrots, butternut, Knorr Naturally Tasty Beef Tagine and stock.
- Cover with a lid and cook until meat is tender.
- Sprinkle with almonds, apricots and coriander.
- Serve immediately.
SEE ALSO: Lentils and bacon soup