Meatballs are great as sandwich fillings, as part of salads and many other meals. Make these delicious creamy meatballs by Ntwenhle Gcabashe in no time.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups turkey mince meat
- 2 large apples, grated
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Handful fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) oil
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh thyme, for serving
- In a bowl, mix mince, apples, seeds, cranberries, egg, onion and chives.
- Form mixture into small balls. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry meat balls fry for 8–10 minutes or until cooked.
- Add milk and cook until it thickens.
- Add cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with fresh thyme.