Does the cold weather make you curl up into a ball of self-denial when it’s time for crunches? The thought of exercising during winter is not appealing, but what if there was an easier way?
Here are 5 exercises to do at home this winter:
1. Crunches. Start the routine off with core exercises. Begin by lying on your back, knees bent and legs flat on the ground, apart. Place your hands behind your head, and gently pull the abdominals inward. Lift your head, neck and shoulders off the floor by curling forward. Hold the position for a while, and then slowly lower yourself back down. Repeat 10 times.
2. Push-ups. Lower your body into a plank position, and place your hands on the ground underneath your shoulders. Lower your body while keeping the back flat, until your chest touches the floor. Push back up, and repeat 10 times.
3. Lunges. Take a big step forward with your left leg, and bend both knees to lower yourself into the lunge. Both legs should bend at a 90-degree angle while keeping your back straight. Return to the standing position and repeat with your right leg. Ten lunges should do the trick.
4. Burpees. If you are still not feeling warm at this time, this exercise will get you fired up. Stand with your legs apart. Bend both knees, swing arms back, and jump as high as possible. When landing, bend your knees immediately, placing your hands on the floor in front of you, and jump-pushing your feet backward to end in a plank position. Perform a push-up, and then jump back up. Repeat for one minute.
5. Squat jumps. Stand with your legs apart, while pushing your abdominal area backward and bending the knees to lower into the squat. Do this exercise for one minute, and rest.