By: Keletso Modisakeng
- Combing your hair with a wide-tooth comb helps to get rid of knots before washing it.
- The temperature of the water you use to wash your hair can damage it. It is, therefore, vital to test it on the back of your hand before cleansing.
- Hot water causes frizz and strips the hair of its natural oil, which leaves it dry and causes hair breakage, so it’s best to use lukewarm water.
- Start applying shampoo using the tips of your fingers from the crown of the head, working your way outwards until the whole head is covered with shampoo.
- Massage the shampoo onto the roots of the hair and on your scalp to stimulate and increase the blood flow to the head and loosen any dry flakes on the scalp.
- The healthiest way to dry your hair is to air-dry it. This prevents friction or damage to the hair.
- Combing your hair before applying any heat to it helps detangle it and make it easy to dry and style.