Yes, we’re officially ready to get glowing again – and we don’t mean in the ‘just been for a run’ kind of way, but rather in the healthy and fabulous ‘just had a facial’ kind of way. Read on to find out how to get glowing skin easily this spring… just don’t blame us when you become addicted to selfies to show off just how great you look!
1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! You had to know this would be at the top of our list, but it is the easiest, most effective and quite honestly the most important way to ensure your skin glows radiantly.
Start off your day with a cup of warm water and lemon juice, and then continue hydrating all day long, ensuring you and your skin stay hydrated and your system flushes out toxins. This step alone will leave you glowing.
SEE ALSO: How to transition your skincare routine
2. Go nuts. When it comes to that mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack time, turn to a bag of mixed nuts. Most contain the ideal nutrients and healthy fats that will benefit your skin, but be sure to include macadamia nuts in the mix, as their fatty acids and quality oils help repair and rejuvenate the skin, leading to that health glow you’re after. If you’d rather take a supplement, look for selenium, vitamin E and omega 3, which are all great for your skin.
3. Don’t forget to tone. Plenty of people leave out the toner step in the skincare routine, but this is crucial in helping your skin really absorb and lock in the moisturiser that comes on after it – and moisturised, hydrated skin is what gives you that glowing complexion.
4. Spritz on the regular. Your skin needs regular pick-me-ups just as you do, and a hydrating facial mist is the perfect one to ensure your skin is glowing. Keep a bottle in your bag (we love the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Miracle Hydrating Mist) and give your skin an extra moisture boost throughout the day. This is especially effective for those who travel regularly or work in air-conditioned offices – trust us, this will become your skin’s new best friend if you spend more time in the office than you’d care to admit.
5. Exfoliate regularly. You’re never going to be glowing if your skin is dry, flakey and covered in dead skin cells, so help your skin rejuvenate on the regular by exfoliating. Speak to a specialist to help determine the best kind of exfoliator for your skin type; the worst thing you can do is get one that is too harsh and your skin is sensitive, or one that will inflame your redness, so experiment and you’ll be glowing in no time.
SEE ALSO: 5 common skincare myths
6. Cleanse from within. You may need to revamp your diet, as what you put in your body will reflect on the outside. Processed, salty foods will dehydrate and aggravate the skin, leaving your complexion anything but glowing. Experiment with
The post Glow like goddess – Skin-care tips for a brand new YOU appeared first on All4Women.