Being comfortable in your own skin plays a huge role in feeling beautiful. So, skin problems such as acne or blemishes can take a toll on you. The first step in correcting this is knowing your skin and what it needs so that you can use the right treatment.
Fix your skin concerns by following our guide to healthier skin:
1. Acne and blemishes. Acne is a skin condition that is characterised by the occurrence of blackheads and pimples. On the other hand, blemishes are skin imperfections such as pigmentation and acne marks, mainly caused by clogged pores and stress. The two conditions are related and need to be treated properly using gentle oil-free products or regular professional peels. More serious acne may need a dermatologist and prescription medicine.
2. Uneven tone and dark spots. There is no quick fix for uneven skin tone. Also known as hyperpigmentation, this irregular darkening of the skin is caused by the overproduction of melanin. You can brighten your skin to get a more even tome in a few easy way such as exfoliating and applying sunscreen. Look out for ingredients such as niacinamide, vitamin C and retinol when buying products.
3. Fine lines and texture. If not properly looked after, black skin does crack. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to iron out fine lines and firm your skin. Go for anti-aging products with active wrinkles and boost your skin’s elasticity. Your regimen mist includes overnight masks, eye creams, and serums for skin rejuvenation. Keep in mind that the eye area is very delicate. So, when applying eye cream, make sure that you use the ring finger as it has less pressure.
- Double-cleanse your face at least twice a week to remove dirt and make-up residue thoroughly. To do this, use an oil-based cleanser to remove make-up and sweat. Follow up with a foaming cleanser to clear pores of oil residue.
- Wear a headband when exercising. This prevents the hair product residue from dripping onto your face when you sweat.
- Have a facial (spa or at home) at least once a month.
- Talking on the phone for hours can lead to breakouts or rashes along your jawline. So, use antibacterial wipes to keep your phone clean.