Make an extra special meal with this roast chicken by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 1 whole chicken
- Handful fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- Roast potatoes, for serving
- Lemon slices, for serving
- Gravy, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C.
- In a bowl, mix thyme, rosemary, butter and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the marinade over chicken. Place onto roasting tray. Roast for 50 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with roast potatoes, lemon slices and gravy.