Taste the spice of life with the ROBERTSONS Masterblends range. Every bottle contains expertly blended ingredients. For all your roast and braai, there’s a ROBERTSONS Masterblends to match it, which is now available in an economical refill pack.
Whatever your Christmas theme, ROBERTSONS has a Masterblend for you! Add Aromatic Roast Potato to jazz up your vegetables or create a classic spread using Rosemary & Garlic. Try these delicious recipes inspired by ROBERTSONS Masterblends:
Orange and Soy-glazed Gammon
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 and half hours
- 1 x 3–4kg gammon, boneless
- 14 cups (3.5ℓ) water, enough to cover
- 2 Robertsons Bay Leaves
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60g Robertsons Whole Ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Robertsons Black Peppercorns
- 6 carrots, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Robertsons Cloves
For the glazing
- 300g orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Robertsons Ground Ginger
- 2 tablespoons Robertsons Masterblends Rosemary & Garlic
- In a large saucepan, put water, Robertsons Bay Leaves, garlic, Robertsons Ginger, Robertsons Black Peppercorns, carrots and celery sticks. Heat over medium heat.
- Add gammon, ensuring it is covered by the water; and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours or until tender. Turn gammon once, remove from stock and allow to cool slightly in a roasting pan. Discard stock.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Gently remove skin from gammon by lightly pulling it. Score fat into diamond shapes. Press Robertsons Cloves into the corners of the diamond shapes.
- For the glazing, combine marmalade, sugar, soy sauce, Robertsons Ground Ginger and Robertsons Masterblends Rosemary & Garlic.
- Brush over gammon.
- Place in the oven and roast for 25–30 minutes or until golden and sticky. Baste regularly. Remove from the oven and serve.
Smashed Roasted Potatoes with crispy bacon
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1.5kg baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons mealie meal
- 2 tablespoons
- Robertsons Masterblends Aromatic Roast Potato
- 250g streaky bacon, thickly sliced
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons (30ml)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10–12 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place onto a large roasting pan. Using a potato masher, gently press potatoes down. Sprinkle with mealie meal, Robertsons Masterblends Aromatic Roast Potato, and bacon. Top with margarine and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until golden and crispy.