Make a hearty and nutritious salad with this roasted vegetables and millet salad by Ntwehle Gcabashe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 3 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 2 red onions, peeled and wedged
- 1 butternut, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) oil
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked millet
- Handful fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Handful walnuts, chopped
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Fresh mixed herbs, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Mix carrots, sweet potato, onions, butternut, red pepper and garlic in a roasting tray. Drizzle with oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, and roast for 25–30 minutes or until soft.
- In a bowl, mix millet, basil leaves and walnuts.
- Serve with roasted vegetables and fresh mixed herbs.