- 1 cup bacon, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 cup crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ kg boneless leg of lamb, split open in the middle
- ½ cup (125ml) mint sauce
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) oil
- Roast vegetables to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Fry bacon until cooked and leave to cool. Add onions, crackers and mint, and mix well. Add egg and season well.
- Place onto split lamb and roll to form a sausage shape. Secure with a kitchen string and place on a roasting tray.
- Mix mint sauce and oil. Pour over lamb, cover with foil and roast for 40–45 minutes. Remove foil and roast for a further 10–15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave for 8–10 minutes. Serve with vegetables.