If you are looking for a new and delicious way to prepare pap then you’ll love this Parmesan pap recipe by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups maize meal
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 handfuls fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 courgettes, chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat butter, and fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add curry powder and cumin. Mix well.
- Add spinach, courgettes and stock. Let it boil for 3–5 minutes.
- Slowly add maize meal. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Cover with a lid, and cook for 15–20 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and parsley. Mix well and serve.