If you prefer a slightly sweeter version of this tart, use orange and orange zest instead of lemon to make this an orange tart.
- 1 roll of shortcrust pastry
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (500ml) double cream
- ½ cup castor sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest (yellow skin of lemon)
- Preheat the oven to 180?C.
- Roll out pastry and cut to fit your baking tray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, double cream, castor sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Pour the mixture over your pastry.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm.