Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 1 x 400g SPAR Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 1 cup SPAR Sliced Sandwich Ham
- 1 cup SPAR Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 cup grated SPAR Cheddar Cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup SPAR Sour Cream
- ½ cup (125ml) SPAR Extended Shelf Life Milk
- 1 tablespoon SPAR Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 22cm tart dish.
- Roll out pastry. Place into prepared dish and crumple edges.
- Mix onion, garlic and mushrooms. Spoon onto tart and sprinklebcheese on top.
- Whisk eggs, sour cream, milk, mustard, rosemary, salt and pepper. Pour over filling and bake for 20–25 minutes. Reduce heat to 160°C and bake for another 25 minutes.
TIPS TO STRETCH YOUR MEALS
- Pilchards are nutritious and rich in calcium. When you mash them, do not remove the bones because they are the source of the calcium.
- You can omit sour cream and increase the amount of the milk instead.
Choose your favourite product from the five SPAR brand products and stand a chance to win a R1 000 SPAR shopping voucher. Enter here »