Serve up your gem squash in this delicious gem squash tart which you can serve hot or cold. By Ntwenhle Gcabashe. Pictures by Dylan Swart
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 6 gem squash, halved
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1 green pepper, cut into rings
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup goat’s cheese, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Handful fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine squash and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Scoop out the gem squash.
- Roll out pastry and place into a baking tray. Top with gem squash, pepper, tomatoes, onion, cheese, garlic and thyme. Drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked through. Serve warm or cold.