Delicious and easy – a fish pie is one recipe anyone in the family can make.
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups milk (half to poach the fish and half for the sauce)
- 500g hake steaks, deboned and poached
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- 2 cups potatoes, cooked and mashed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a saucepan, combine bay leaves, 1 cup of milk and fish. Poach for 10 – 15 minutes and reserve milk for the sauce. Once cooked leave to cool and flake with fork.
- In another saucepan, melt margarine, add the flour to form a paste, stir in 1 cup of milk and whisk to avoid lumps. Add mustard.
- Spoon the hake filling and potato mash in an oven proof dish; pour over sauce and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Calories: 368 Fat: 22 Carbohydrates: 17 Sodium: 756 Protein: 24