Blanching is a cooking method where you briefly boil vegetables and then place them into ice water to immediately stop cooking. This keeps the crunch and colour of your veggies.
EGG AND BEANS SANDWICH
- 2 large baguettes
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 cups green beans, blanched
- 4-5 eggs, boiled and halved
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 cup (250ml) mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) lemon juice
- Cut the baguette open and butter it.
- In a bowl, mix green beans, cherry tomatoes and olives.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise and lemon juice. Drizzle over the beans mixture.
- Place the mixture onto your bread and arrange halved eggs on top before closing with other half.