Bake perfect, cheesy scones for your Valentine’s Day picnic basket with this easy recipe from Pick n Pay.
Makes – 12
Time – 25 minutes
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup PnP Fresh Cream
- 1 cup PnP Soda Water
- 1 cup PnP Cheddar, grated
- 1 teaspoon PnP Salt
- PnP Salted Butter, to serve
- PnP Strawberry Jam, to serve
- Grated PnP Cheddar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Spray a baking tray with cooking spray.
- Sift self-raising flour in a large bowl. Add cream, soda water, cheese and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and press evenly until 1.5cm thick. Cut with a round cookie cutter, 8cm in diameter. Cut out 12 scones and place onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with butter, strawberry jam and cheddar.