Make the best creamed spinach with this great creamy spinach and bacon dish by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3 handfuls spinach, chopped
- 1 cup chopped bacon
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups (500ml) cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Pine nut, for serving
- Parmesan shavings, for serving
- Fry bacon in a large pan. Add onion, garlic, paprika and spinach. Cook until wilted.
- Add cream and cheese. Season with salt and pepper, and cook until thickened.
- Serve with pine nut and Parmesan shavings.