These easy to make choc chip cornflakes squares will satisfy even the biggest sweet tooth by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
- 1 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup icing sugar + extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Cream butter and egg in a bowl. Fold in cornflakes, flour and icing sugar.
- Add lemon zest and chocolate chips. Mix well to form dough.
- Cut with biscuit cutter and place onto a lightly greased baking tray. Bake for 16–18 minutes or until pale golden.
- Set aside to cool and dust with icing sugar.