Chilli Con Carne is a Mexican-style dish. Add grated cheese, chopped onion or sour cream as a tasty topping
CHILLI CON CARNE
- 6 cups red beans
- 1 cup (250ml) oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- ½ cup curry powder
- 2 kg minced meat
- 2 cans tomatoes.
- ½ cup (125ml) tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped.
- Soak the beans overnight. Rinse with cold water and cook for 2-3 hours.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onions and curry powder. Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mince, tomatoes, paste, sugar and beans. Cover with a lid. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Season well with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.