Looking for a quick and delicious meal after a long day at work? This chicken chikka masala will have you eating dinner in just under an hour.
Chicken Chikka Masala
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground garam msala
- 1 tablespoon Rajah Mild Masala Curry Powder
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 cup fresh cream
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Naan bread, for serving
- Cooked rice, for serving
- In a frying pan, heat oil. Fry onion, garlic and ginger for 4–5 minutes or until soft.
- Add cardamom pods, turmeric, cumin, garam masala and Rajah Mild Masala Curry Powder. Fry for 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add chicken, tomatoes and paste. Cover with lid. Cook for 20–25 minutes or meat is cooked through.
- Add yoghurt, cream and half of coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 10– 15 minutes or until thicken.
- Sprinkle with some left coriander leaves and serve with naan bread and rice.