By: Dorah Sitole
Prep & Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 packet (520g) SPAR frozen
- Value Pack Chicken Burgers
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 hamburger rolls
- Lettuce leaves
- 8 SPAR Sweet & Sour
- Gherkins, optional
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices SPAR Cheddar
- Cheese Slices
- ¼ cup SPAR Original
- Salt and pepper
- Place 4 burgers on an oiled baking tray. Bake at 200°C for 15 minutes, turning them halfway. Remove from oven and keep warm.
- Heat oil and sauté onion until caramelised, about 15 minutes.
- Cut rolls in half and layer lettuce leaves, thinly sliced gherkins, tomatoes, cheese and burgers on one half. Top with onion and drizzle with mayonnaise. Cover with other half and serve immediately with chips.
TIPS TO STRETCH YOUR MEALS
- SPAR Hot Doggers Red Viennas make a great protein substitute for weekday meals. Add sliced viennas to tomato and onion gravy and serve over pap or mashed potatoes.
- Always keep a packet of SPAR Crinkle Cut Chips in your freezer for quick and easy light meals and snacks.
Choose your favourite product from the five SPAR brand products and stand a chance to win a R1 000 SPAR shopping voucher. Enter here »