Make risotto like a pro with step by step recipe by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups risotto rice
- 3 cups cubed butternut
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) light rum
- 3 cups (750ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Handful fresh thyme, chopped
- Micro leaves, for serving
SEE ALSO: Chicken in rum sauce
- Heat butter in a large pan. Fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add curry powder, garam masala, cumin, butternut, peas, rum and rice. Mix well.
- Add ½ cup stock at a time until slightly absorbed. Keep pouring until all added. Cook for 50–60 minutes or until soft. Add cheese and thyme, and mix well. Serve with micro leaves.