Meet our first Knorr Stew Expert Boni Tshiqi, from Johannesburg, whose Slow-Cooked Beef Stew won her R5,000! The secret to her sishebo? Knorr Brown Onion Soup! Get the recipe here.
Boni’s Slow Cooked Beef Stew
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 kg beef, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, red pepper and yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 KNORR Beef Stock cube
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons KNORR Brown Onion Soup
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat oil. Add beef and brown for 4 – 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, fry the onion until golden.
- Add peppers, tomato paste and browned beef cubes.
- Add stock and water. Cover and cook slowly until tender. Add Knorr soup and vegetables. Season well and cook for another 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve with pap.