By: Dorah Sitole
Prep & Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 loaf white bread
- 1 packet (500g) SPAR
- Crinkle Cut Frozen Chips
- 1 cup (250ml) SPAR
- Sunflower Oil, optional
- 1 packet (500g) SPAR Hot Doggers Red Viennas
- 4 slices SPAR
- Cheddar Cheese Slices
- ½ cup mango atchar
- Cook chips according to instructions on the packet – deep-fry in SPAR Sunflower Oil or bake in the oven on an oiled baking tray.
- Warm viennas in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cut bread into four quarters. Create a hollow centre in each by cutting out the inside dough.
- Layer cheese, chips, atchar and viennas in the hollow. Put back bread and press down on the filling. Serve.
TIPS TO STRETCH YOUR MEALS
- SPAR Hot Doggers Red Viennas make a great protein substitute for weekday meals. Add sliced viennas to tomato and onion gravy and serve over pap or mashed potatoes.
- Always keep a packet of SPAR Crinkle Cut Chips in your freezer for quick and easy light meals and snacks.
Choose your favourite product from the five SPAR brand products and stand a chance to win a R1 000 SPAR shopping voucher. Enter here »