SAFTA-nominated Rhythm City actress Mapula Mafole on how she deals with failure as well as her greatest indulgence and other interesting aspects about her life. By Kwanele Mathebula
Image: Mapula Mafole IG
1. The last picture I took with my phone was of my face after applying make-up to ensure that it wasn’t too much.
2. In my free time, I work on building up my acting skills.
3. The most interesting thing about me is that I speak Spanish.
SEE ALSO: Fun facts about Khaya Dladla
4. The most memorable performance I’ve ever watched was Simba when he was singing about becoming king in the Lion King as well as Daniel Day Lewis in Lincoln.
5. The best and worst purchases I’ve ever made were my base guitar and space boots.
6. A body part that I wouldn’t mind losing would be my teeth.
7. If I could know the absolute truth to one question about my life journey, I would ask if I’m on the right track with regards to my purpose and making a meaningful impact.
SEE ALSO: Fun facts on Pearl Monama
8. One thing I miss about my childhood is my puppy.
9. I deal with failure by crying. But, I always get up and dust myself off.
10. The one thing I’ve learnt about the acting industry is to always be myself and trust the process.
11. A TV role I would most like to play would be a character on Mzansi Magic’s Isithunzi.
12. My bucket list includes travelling to Brazil, visiting the pyramids in Egypt and exploring our continent.
13. My ideal guest list for a dinner party includes Diana Ross, Jesus, Michael Jackson and my parents.
14. My greatest indulgence is music.
15. The best gift I’ve ever received is the gift of acting.