By Bridgette Matjuda Images Instagram
Kayise Ngqula is officially the new presenter of Mzansi Magic’s wedding reality show Our Perfect Wedding. She opens up to us about breaking into the entertainment industry. She also shares some interesting facts about herself. “I am the first born in a family of three, and I have two younger brothers. We were raised by a single mother. I broke into the entertainment industry in 2016 when I had a guest appearance in season 2 of It’s Complicated on Mzansi Magic. I later landed a starring role on a SABC 1 drama series Mina Nawe, playing the character of Portia. I’ve also had a leading role in a Mzansi Magic original movie, titled iLifa, where I played the character of Hlengiwe,”she says.
When asked about her greatest competition throughout the OPW Presenter Search she confidently says,”I don’t think I really had any competition. From the onset, I believed that I was the person to beat. My focus was on achieving the end goal by delivering even to the extent of my campaign for votes.”
While chatting to Kayise, we discovered interesting facts about her which you’ll find just as fascinating:
1. Her Christian faith is very important to her.
2. “I believe in love and its ability to completely change you.”
3. “I’m a Toastmasters-trained public speaker”
4. She loves to cook.
5. She loves fashion.
6. She hates snakes.
7. If she had a choice of season, she’d choose to skip winter and have summer all year long.
8. Her favorite holiday destination is Santorini, and island close to Greece.
9. She’s passionate about music and would love to venture into the industry some day.
10. She loves her family and aspires to having four sons one day.
11. She’s studying towards an international relations degree at the University of Johannesburg.
When asked what OPW viewers can expect from her Kayise concludes,”Viewers should look forward to fun times, jokes, singing and dancing. They should also look forward to a host who will be a support structure for the bridal couples and their families.”