He has close to 100 pairs of sunglasses, physical scars from a crazy fan and a boyfriend he’s head over heels in love with. Here are a few more fun facts you probably didn’t know about Khaya Dladla.
By Ayanda Sitole
1. My biggest crush in the entertainment industry is Thapelo Mokoena. Not only is he hot but he’s responsible and level headed. His head is screwed on well.
2. I once lost a pair of shorts while swimming. It was a highly embarrassing experience because I only realised after I came out of the water and I was completely naked.
3. When I was off Uzalo momentarily, there were rumours that came out that I had been fired. The truth is, I had written the script for my character G.C. where he was engaged to be married to a man, but his father had arranged a wife for him. His father who is a homophobic, and a highly traditional Zulu man rejected him and G.C. had to sacrifice who he was to make him happy. People though I had been fired from the show, little did they know that I was going to make a big come-back. Needless to say, the story line was a hit.
5. I would love to work with Mandla Gaduka, who played the humorous role of Choppa on Generations. He’s such an underrated actor. I would also like to work with Warren Masemola and Thuso Mbedu.
6. I’m in a serious relationship at the moment. Having a bae has put me in a really happy frame of mind. I made a decision a while back that I won’t date an actor, singer or anyone in the entertainment industry so I’m not.