Switch up your hairstyle with a new hair colour. This guide will help you achieve your desired look without breaking the bank and damaging your hair.
Here are 8 steps to safely colour your hair:
- Don’t wash your hair on the day or the day before, as this interferes with the effectiveness of the dye.
2. Mix the contents of the dye in a plastic bowl with the brush.
3. Take a small section of your hair and place it over a piece of foil; it must be big enough to cover the section.
4. With your one hand securing the foil, apply the dye so that the hair and foil bond. Do this for the whole section you want to colour.
5. Wait for 15 minutes and rinse off with a shampoo. Do this well as any remainder of the dye will damage your hair.
6. If you have relaxed hair, cover it with a foam wrap lotion instead of blow-drying it directly. Wrap it in a circular direction around your head.
SEE ALSO: Natural hair heroes to try
7. Cover with a hair net, and blow-dry.
8. Style as desired.