When it comes to toning your stomach, there are two keys to success: exercising and a balanced diet.
Foods that Heal
- Spinach has a high nutritional value and is healthier when eaten fresh or steamed. It is high in vitamins, calcium and Iron. Definitely one of the best vegetables to eat when looking for that six pack!
- Sardines are rich in vitamins, minerals and high in protein content. This is important in building muscle and good for people who are exercising. The high content of omega-3 fatty acids can also help to reduce the risk of heart diseases. They are a great choice of protein.
- Sweet potato is an perfect source of starch and much better choice than potato. Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin C and vitamin B6.
- Unsweetened Oats are a great alternative to bread, cereal and porridge. They are higher in dietary fibre, protein, and almost sugar free. If you can’t stand the taste of it plain, add flavour by stirring in cinnamon, peanut butter or honey.
Foods that Harm
- Sugar raises the insulin levels in your blood. This depresses the immune system, making the body defenseless to germs and diseases. Cutting sugar out of your diet will make the biggest difference to your weight.
- White Flour is like sugar. The body treats this fatty product as a starch and stores it. In other words, you start feeling hungry only a little while after you’ve eaten anything which contains this product, which of course, leads to weight gain.
- Alcohol dulls the metabolism, making the digestion of food difficult. Not only does it promote weight gain, but also increases your appetite.
- Salt (Sodium) leads to water retention (buildup of fluid in the body), making you weigh more and feel and look bloated.
- Dairy products: Our body is unable to break down dairy products so they are useless as a nutrient and mostly high in fat.
- Condiments: Mayonnaise and tomato sauce are two of the worst sauces you can eat. Tomato sauce is super high in sugar and mayo in fat and calories.