Barbie is on a mission to help girls understand what it means to be beautiful, with the new Barbie Fashionista range.
The brand has introduced diversity by changing the face of the stereotypical Barbie brand and introducing new dolls with new body & facial shapes, new skin tones and new hairstyles.
In 2016, the Fashionista range introduced new body types such as tall, curvy and petite, with seven skin tones, 14 facial structures, 22 eye colours and 24 hairstyles. This year, the range brings with it even more diversity, introducing another four body types, nine skin tones, 13 face-sculpts, nine eye colours, 11 hair colours and 13 hairstyles.
“These new dolls represent a line that is more reflective of the world girls see around them – the variety in body type, skin tones and style allows girls to find a doll that speaks to them,” says Andrea Ziella, Head of Marketing and Trade Marketing, Mattel SA.
Barbie fans can now choose their Barbie to look just like them or create a group of friends to mimic their own friendship circles.
We have three of the new Barbie Fashionista dolls up for grabs. Fill in the competition form below to stand a chance to win one.
[gravityform id=”158″ title=”false” description=”false”]
1. Competition closes on the 31 May 2018.
2. There is a limit of five entries per user.
3. No under 18s are allowed to enter.
4. The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by email.
5. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
7. Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
8. The competition is open to South African residents only.
9. The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
10. The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
11. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
12. Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
13. Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
14. When the same competition is offered across different titles in Caxton Magazines’ stable during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through more than one magazine, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw as a winner for the same competition across more than one of Caxton Magazines’ titles.