Our features writer Fundiswa Nkwanyana tells us about her one-night stay at the Capital Moloko, a luxurious five-star hotel in the heart of Sandton, Johannesburg.
Our stay at the Capital Moloko
After driving through city scrapers amid the hustle and bustle of the city to get to the hotel, I was relieved that it is located in the secluded and lush green leafy part of Sandton. Walking through the reception doors, I enjoyed the soft jazz music playing in the background and loved the colourful fresh flowers around. The neutral colours inside the hotel with dramatic lighting fixtures blended in well with the garden and water fixtures that you can see through the hotel’s large windows. During check-in time, the guest relations officer was friendly and efficient.
The walk to my room was scenic; I could see a flourishing garden and abstract paintings on the walls. In my room, I was greeted by a welcome card and tray with loads of chocolate, fresh fruit, nuts and biltong. It was modern and sophisticated with a lounge, kitchenette, en-suite bathroom with a separate bath and shower as well as a private balcony overlooking a stream surrounded by trees. With all its elegance, it is no surprise that I immediately felt at home. I liked that the kitchen had a wooden sliding door to hide it; I wish the bathroom also had it because I didn’t like seeing it from my bed. I enjoyed waking up to the sound of birds as well as the water from the stream and features that were outside.
Reuben’s Restaurant Bar
For dinner and breakfast, my taste buds were taken on a culinary experience that I will never forget. I was feasting on dishes that I cannot even pronounce! I took a moment to appreciate the food before eating because it looked like a work of art. I loved the Asian and Cape Malay-inspired menu as well as their potent cocktails. The hanging lights and sophisticated decor created a modern and electric ambience. In the morning, I enjoyed a full English breakfast on the restaurant’s patio overlooking water features complete with soothing sounds.
Camelot Spa Moloko
After the world-class treatment I received at the hotel and restaurant, I was disappointed that there was nothing special or unique about my 60-minute full-body massage. But, the service was great, and I loved the view from the massage room.
We all need to spoil ourselves or loved ones once in a while, and this is a highly recommended place to do this. Go there for your special occasions because the memory and experience will last forever.
WIN a one night stay for two at The Capital Moloko valued at R3600
We’re giving you and your partner a chance to win a one night stay for two at the Capitol Moloko in Sandton, valued at R3600. The best way to make it up to your bae if you messed up on Valentines Day.
To enter all you need to do is fill in this form:
Read more Travel
Terms and Conditions
1. Competition closes on 10 March 2019
2. You must be 18 and older to enter.
3. The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by email.
4. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
6. Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
7. The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
8. The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
9. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
10. Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
11. Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
12. The prize does not include travel to and from the Hotel