Tackling Youth Unemployment at the Carletonville Spring Picnic Affair: Headlined by Cassper Nyovest
Ivy.P & Conglomerates is pleased to present the 3rd annual Carletonville Spring Picnic Affair, taking place 27 October 2018 at the Khutsong Stadium in Carletonville. Attendees will be entertained by headliner, Cassper Nyovest alongside DJ Tira, Black Motion and Euphonik.
“Carletonville Spring Picnic Affair (CSPA), is an annual picnic event where guest artists entertain attendees for the day. CSPA is also an opportunity to rebuild the local economy and to empower the youth of the Carletonville community,” says Gabonewe Phage- Owner of Ivy.P & Conglomerates.
To demonstrate the willingness to empowering the youth of the community and grow the local economy, IVY.P and Conglomerates are giving 10 members of the Carletonville, Potchefstroom, Fochville, Randfontein, Krugersdorp and Westonaria community between the age of 18 and 30 who have matriculated or graduated from tertiary education, and are seeking employment, an opportunity to shadow experts for the day.
The respective career fields are as follows: security; stage and sound management; production management; photography and waste management. They will also be given a stipend, to cover their transportation and food costs for the day. Possibilities of an internship will then be explored on the candidates own account. To enter, candidates can email their matric certificate or relevant qualification and a 300 word motivation, explaining why they deserve this opportunity to [email protected] by 16:00, Thursday 18 September 2018.
Other entertainers on the line-up include the best in the SA hip-hop and house market such as: Nadia Nakai, DJ Shimza, Bobsta (Metro FM), Mac G and more. Khanyi Mbau, will be the renowned host of this event, taking party goers on a magical journey of entertainment, all for as little as R180 (pre-sale).
Carletonville is a mining town in western Gauteng, which falls under Merafong Municipality, with a population of approximately 188 843 people. Over the past two years, thousands of people in the community of Carletonville and surrounds, have come out to support the CSPA. In that time, the CSPA has established itself as the premiere family-friendly event in the area.
“In 2016 (2nd Annual Carletonville Spring Picnic Affair) we succeeded in achieving a total of 4300 attendees. Our aim for 2018 is to grow from 4300 attendees to 7000 attendees this year,” says Phage.
With a vast line-up of performers both from within and outside the Carletonville community, guest can expect to be entertained from 9am until the next morning at 6am. Cooler Boxes and camp chairs are allowed.
THIS COMPETITION IS CLOSED.
1. Competition closes on 26 October 2018
2. You must be 18 and older to enter.
3. The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by email.
4. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
6. Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
7. The competition is open to Johannesburg residents only.
8. The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
19. The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
10. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
11. Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
12. Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
13. When the same competition is offered across different titles in Caxton Magazines’ stable during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through more than one magazine, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw as a winner for the same competition across more than one of Caxton Magazines’ titles.