The first of its kind in Africa; the Jnb International Comedy Festival is going down in November.
Scores of local and international comedians will take to the stage to entertain us in Braamfontein and Newtown in Joburg. The Festival takes place over three days from 6-8 November and we can’ wait.
Among the 42 incredible comedians who’ll be entertaining you are Loyiso Gola, Ndumiso Lindi, John Vlismas, Kagiso Lediga, Celeste Ntuli, Nina Hastie, Maurie Langan and Orlando Baxter.
The festival is built around key concept shows:
- Stand Up Africa (Alexander Theatre) – Comedy with Africa’s finest comedians sharing one stage
- League of Nations (Alexander Theatre) – Comedy without borders featuring talent from around the world.
- Fire In The Hole (Bannister Hotel Basement) – Comedy with no limits or boundaries, humor that is risky, edgy and politically incorrect.
- The Late Nite Show (Orbit Jazz Café) – Comedy inspired by the late night talk show format of host, live band, interactive engagement with the comedians and special music guests.
- Live From The 13th Floor (Thirteen) – Comedy that celebrates trailblazing female talent live from Braamfontein’s newest and sexiest venue atop the Neighbourgoods Market.
- Vernac Attack (Bassline Theatre) – Comedy in any of South Africa’s indigenous languages, a previously underground category that is now taking the country by storm.
- Jokenation (Market Theatre) – Jokenation is a global talent search that seeks to find tomorrow’s comedy stars in the US, UK, Continental Europe, Middle East / Asia as well as South Africa. The best comedian to win this SA final will be flown to Switzerland to go and perform at the Montreux Comedy Festival in December.
We’re giving away one double ticket to each of these shows:
- Two tickets to League of Nations on 6 November
- Two tickets to Stand Up Africa on 6 November
- Two tickets for Live at the 13th Floor on 6 November
- Two tickets to Vernack Attac on 8 November
- Two tickets to Jokenation on 8 November
To win, follow us on Twitter and fill in the form below. Good luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The giveaway will be open from 20-28 October 2015.
- There is a limit of five entries per user.
- The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by email by 4 November 2015.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
- Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
- The competition is open to South African residents only.
- The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
- The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
- Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
- Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
- When the same competition is offered across different titles in Caxton Magazines’ stable during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through more than one magazine, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw as a winner for the same competition across more than one of Caxton Magazines’ titles.