By: Bongiwe Tshiqi
DJ Fix from 5FM was recently unveiled as the new face of the LINDT HELLO brand. She also stars in the brand new commercial shot in SA for the luxury chocolate brand. We sat down with the vivacious presenter for a quick chat to get to know her a little better and this is what she had to say.
What are the three things you can’t do without when it comes to style?
- A scarf – What I normally have is a beautiful scarf of some sort. I love my scarves. It can be silk or cotton. I like to wrap that around my Mohawk when I don’t feel like having a Mohawk.
- My Mohawk – I’m a short hair kinda girl. I live the cut life. I don’t think that I’ll ever go another direction. I try and do weaves, I try other things but at the end of the day, this is just Fixie.
- My style mantra is keep it simple stupid. It could be a white tee with jeans but there must be something that you add that is just you, that makes it different from the next girl with the white tee and jeans. Keep it simple but put your own fix in it.
What’s your December song?
We Dance Again by Black Coffee ft Nakhane Toure
What’s the best beauty advice you’ve ever received from your mother?
Perfume. Everytime we move house she builds this perfume shelf that fits about 12 different kinds of perfumes. She always says a woman needs to smell good and you can’t smell the same all the time. I’m still trying to work on that advice because I’m not great at it, still only have one perfume. Fail!
What are your 3 most valuable items? What would you save in a fire?
- My cellphone. I really wish it wasn’t but I might need to call someone.
- My wallet. I’d probably grab that. It would suck to leave my pictures so thank God for Facebook.
- My bottle of red wine. Yes, I know I can buy another one but hey man.